Thursday 27 October 2011

Cover draft #1 / 2


draft #1
This is the first draft of my magazine's front cover. After finding my cover image and trying it out I decided that an image of one person would work much better than an image of two people. I therefore cropped photo down to just Ellen, and used her name as the main sell line.

The colour scheme of the cover is prominently grey and purple, with purple being used to highlight key parts of the magazine which I want the reader to be drawn to. I put the cover model's head behind the name of the magazine as it covered too much of the masthead for it to still be recognisable.

draft #2
After receiving feedback from my classmates and teacher I decided to change a lot on the cover of my magazine. Although I really liked how the main image looked, I wanted to change the cover model, because I wasn't able to get any other photos of her for my Contents Page or DPS. I also made the mistake of forgetting to include a bar code or the price on the first draft of my cover therefore I had those to add to my second draft. I decided that I didn't like the Ellie Goulding section so I replaced it with my friend Hanni who I had easy access to to take photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment