Monday 26 September 2011

Introduction to my work...

For my AS Media Studies coursework I have chosen between two options: to create the front page, contents and double page spread of a magazine, or to create the titles and opening scene of a new fiction film. Magazine's are something I'm passionate about and I have created a magazine in my Media GCSE, and therefore feel comfortable with the project. Although I do enjoy films and am interested in them, I don't feel that I could succeed as well creating a film trailer as I could creating a magazine.

I am planning to base my magazine on indie rock/alternative genres of music because these are my favourite genres and I feel I will be able to execute my work to a high standard as I have understanding of the genre. My main inspirations for my music magazine as far as content goes are Q and NME, as well as Kerrang. This is because they feature the genres of music that I like and give me examples of what should feature in a music magazine, so I can make my finished product as realistic as possible.

I also have other inspirations as regards to appearance and layout of my magazine. These include fashion/celebrity magazines LOOK, Rolling Stone and Teen VOGUE, which I read regularly and enjoy. Although they aren't the right genre, I plan to take inspiration from them as I like their layout and colour schemes.

This blog will feature all of my work, including my inspirations, thoughts and initial designs for my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment